2017-2018 Mountain Kayak Polo and Roll Session Dates:
Fall Season: 12/7-12/14 (2 wks)
Winter Season: 1/11 – 3/8 (9 wks)
Spring Season: 3/22 – 4/26 (6 wks)
A typical polo night goes from ~8:45 pm to ~10:45 pm on the above Thursdays at EPIC in Fort Collins. Please show up around 8:30 so that there’s time to get gear in, get dressed, and help with polo set up — play will start promptly at 9:00 pm. Roll sessions will be held in the east pool from 9:00-10:30 on all polo nights!
NOTE: Everyone must pay and sign a release form BEFORE getting in the pool. (We have release forms at the pool, or you can print one out ahead of time here — ACA_waiver_adult or ACA_waiver_minor. You can also pay ahead of time using MKP’s Square Store, for more info on fees see our Costs Page)
- If you’re using your own gear, it MUST BE CLEAN. No dirt, leaves, etc. You can start bringing your gear in through the SOUTH pool door only (not the lobby!) after 8:30 pm.
- You can get on the water starting at 9:00 pm, and you must get off the water by 10:30 pm and be out of the building before 11 pm.
- If you’re using MKP gear (for a small extra fee), you’re responsible for getting your boat out of our gear trailer and putting it back in the trailer when you’re finished.
- If you’re rolling and find yourself intrigued by polo, you can try polo out for one night at roll session rates. Note that you do need to use a club polo boat to try polo — unpadded whitewater boats are too dangerous on the polo court.
- Starting around 8:40 pm, we’ll have a polo sign up sheet on the scoring table by the pool. As you come in, make sure that you have the person at the table sign you up to play.
- Help with pool setup (removing lane lines, goal setup), get dressed, and be ready to play by 9:00 pm.
- We’ll make up as many evenly-skilled teams as we can by 8:55, and distribute any late arrivals evenly among the teams. (Let us know if you’ll be late if possible, it helps us make better teams!)
- The schedule for the night will depend on how many teams we form, and will be enforced by the team running the scoring table. Each team will get at least two games per night.
- If your team isn’t playing, you shouldn’t be on the polo court. You should be helping at the scoring table or reffing.
- The schedule and team list will always be at the scoring table. If you don’t know what team you’re on or when they play, ask at the table.
- We’ll play until about 10:30 pm and then plan to help with cleanup for ~20 mins at the end of the night. It goes much faster when everyone pitches in! We need to be out of the pool area by 11 pm.
- Get a beer (or your beverage of choice) at The Trailhead Tavern.